Friday, December 9, 2011

Are we trading health for speed when we "NUKE" food?

           I would like to thank handsome hubby for challenging me when I made the statement (for the umpteenth time), "microwave use is dangerous." 

This was after a regular contributor to my Facebook page, Med-Veg Fusion - A Natural Food and Health Resource, Lisa Murphy of Veg with Lisa made a comment in her latest video, "Dark Chocolate Pudding" (it's vegan and sounds fabulous - check it out!) about not liking to use a microwave - I shared the link with Paul (handsome hubby) and asked him if he noticed that she made that remark, thinking that coming from such a reputable source as I consider Lisa to be, that might lend further weight to my long-held stance.  BTW, before today, I have been known to occasionally cave and "nuke" stuff from time to time when in a super hurry, but I never use plastic and I am always filled with shame afterwards, so it sorta takes away the victory of receiving my heated goods 60-90 seconds faster than using a more conventional (safer) method. 

Well, Paul posited something to the effect of, "just because the molecules are vibrated to generate the heat doesn't mean it's bad for you."  That was all I needed to respond, "I'll just need to share with you some results of the years of research I have done that has led me to my opinion."  He seemed to be OK with that so I set about digging up fresh facts.

Actually, what I found was sort of like my post about the baby carrots and chlorine scare earlier this week -- I found quite a bit of material and depending on what I judged to be the incentives of the authors (whether they had profit to gain on swaying public opinion one way or the other....), the opinions and "facts" were sort of all over the place...  I kept with my review of the material and did manage to come away with some consistent generalities.   I think one of the most thoroughly investigated and objectively presented report was found in this article,     Microwave Ovens - The Proven Dangers     by Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell.

In my opinion, this is a well-researched article.  However, it is lengthy in its detail.  I thought I would share with you their conclusions below:

Ten Reasons to Throw out your Microwave Oven

From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following points:
  1. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term - permanent - brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
  2. The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
  3. Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
  4. The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
  5. Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
  6. The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
  7. Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
  8. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
  9. Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
  10. Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
Have you tossed out your microwave oven yet?

The use of artificial microwave transmissions for subliminal psychological control, a.k.a. "brainwashing", has also been proven. We're attempting to obtain copies of the 1970's Russian research documents and results written by Drs. Luria and Perov specifying their clinical experiments in this area.

Written by Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell
International common Law Copyright 2000
by The Christian Law Institute & Fellowship Assembly


Follows are a couple more links to research I evaluated today:




So, as in the story of the baby carrots, I share this information with you and encourage you to do your additional research and form your own opinion on how it resonates with you.  Personally, while I may avail myself of the convenience of the micro from time to time, it will be far less frequently.  I haven't actually cooked a dish in the microwave for many years, typically using it to reheat a cup of coffee or melt cheese on some organic corn chips for a quick snack but will definitely think twice after today's research about even doing that much...

I hope you found this interesting and/or helpful.  I encourage you, as in all of my sharings of opinion, to track down your own findings and make your resulting choices based on how the material resounds with you.  After all.....

....It's all up to you!

To our health,

Cris

No comments: